2.22.2010

around the next corner..

Derrick's Afghanistan deployment is sneaking up on us faster then I would like and now more than ever I realize I am NO WHERE near ready to deal with it.
Last night I had a horrible dream:

It was time for Derrick to leave, and he was leaving with the advanced party so every one else I knew still had their husband at home while mine was on his way. In the dream I was standing there crying my eyes out holding Jack and Josh, not understanding why I was having to say goodbye so soon. I stood there crying with my two kids watching a bus pull away with half my heart.

I woke up sweating and my head was a mess, it took me a while to get back to sleep.
At this point I don't even know what or how to think. I have been trying hard not to even think about it, but I suppose my sub conscious mind has been all along.

I am going to miss him so much, it seems like he just got back from iraq.

I will pray everyday for his safety and speedy home coming. I hope he keeps a clear mind and is focused on his job well enough to be able to do what he needs to do perfectly.

I love my husband so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment